DYNA® DYNACOAT 100 consists of a Portland cement powder, graded silica aggregates and chemicals carefully selected and controlled by DYNA. It is a premium performance, high compressive strength scratch and level coat which when applied over a metal lath, provides a thin and stable
mortar substrate to receive setting material for ceramic tile and natural stone installation. It
has been specifically formulated to form a dense, hard, flexible and water resistant scratch and level coat. It can also be used as a level coat on horizontal or vertical surfaces when it
is desired that a smooth and even substrate is desired for the installation of ceramic tile.
R-MP is a concentrated acrylic primer that enhances the performance and adhesion of a DYNA brand of self-leveling underlayments (SLUs), self-leveling overlayments (SLOs) and cement or gypsum based patching and skim-coating compounds on nonabsorbent surfaces such as ceramic tile, vinyl composition tile (VCT), epoxy moisture barriers and adhesive residue, as well as profiled, absorbent surfaces. Suitable for a wide variety of substrates, PRIMER-MP combines excellent versatility with easy of application and is quick-drying.
- Do not use over presswood, particle board, Masonite, chipboard, laun, asbestos board, gypsum floor patching compounds, metal glass, plastic or any other unstable materials
which are deemed unsuitable substrates for floors.
- To be used for interior residential floors when mixed with water. Can be used for light traffic commercial floors when mixed with DYNALASTIC 5000, CERAPLY 5010 or DYNACRETE 5220.
- Do not use in temperatures below 10°C (50°F) or above 40°C (104°F).
- This product when cured is an underlayment and is not intended to be used as an overlayment.
SECTIONS - 035400 / 930000
A. SURFACE PREPARATION
1. Suitable substrates are Exterior Grade Plywood (EGP), CSA-0211 EXTERIOR SELECT or (SEL TF) Douglas Fir plywood according to COFI classification or cementious surfaces.
The substrate when placed over conventional floor joists shall be of a design so as to maintain a deflection of not over 1/360th of the span when a live or dead load is placed upon it. The substrate must be to the recommended tolerances of ANSI A108.5 standards. The substrate must be structurally sound, solid, stable, dry, clean and free of grease, oil, paint, dust, tar, wax, primer, sealer or any other substances which may either affect the cure or adhesion of this product. Ensure that the substrate is secured with screws and glued where possible. Ensure that there are at least 3 mm. (1/8“) gaps between the sheets of plywood and all the perimeters of the plywood.
2. Attach a metal lath and ensure that the metal lath is properly and securely fastened with metal screws, staples or nails. If possible, it is advisable to using screws, nails or staples that have corrosion resistance. Butt the joints of the metal lath.
3. It is also advisable to place a cleavage membrane such as 15 lb. roofing felt or 4 mil. polyethylene film on the wooden sub-floor prior to the securement of the metal lath.
4. If the product is to be used on concrete surfaces then it is recommended that the substrate be primed with BONDCRETE 5210 or DYNACRETE 5220 prior to the application of this product.
1. Use a clean mixing vessel and pour approximately 3.5 to 4 liters of cold clean water and then add 22.7 kgs. (50 lbs.) of DYNACOAT 100 gradually while mixing. Use a slow speed mixer (approximately 150 R.P.M.). Mix thoroughly to a homogeneous and smooth consistency. Avoid air entrapment by prolonged mixing, which if occurs will lower the
compressive strength of the mortar.
2. Permit the mix to slake for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Re-stir the entire contents of the vessel without adding any more water to the mix.
4. Wash your mixing tools immediately with water after use.
5. Some stiffening of the mix may occur before all the material is consumed. When this occurs, simply re-stir by hand or machine, but DO NOT add any more water.
6. The performane of this prouct can be greatly enhanced by the use of DYNALASTIC 5000, CERAPLY 5010 or DYNACRETE 5220 rather than gauging water.
1. With a flat edged trowel or wooden float, work and screed the mix to completely fill in the metal lath.
2. Ensure that the mortar has a minimum thickness of 1/4“ when floated and that it is uniform.
3. Ensure that DYNACOAT 100 cures at least 24 hours prior to the application of a mortar bed.
4. It is recommended that a DYNA brand of tile adhesive or tile mortar be used for the installation of the final surface.
EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS
Provide expansion and control joints where specified. Do not cover any expansion joints with mortar. Follow ANSI AN 3.8, “Requirements for Expansion Joints”.
Per 22.7 kg. (50 lbs.) bag, will cover approximately 3 to 4 sq. meters (30 to 45 sq. feet) when applied 0.64 cm (1/4") thick.
Wash your tools with water immediately after use. Clean your hands with water.
Protect the area of application from foot traffic or heavy hammering from adjacent surfaces while curing. The initial cure is 24 hours. Final cure is 28 days.
DYNA® DYNACOAT 100 is available in 22.7 kg (50 lbs) bag.
DYNA shall not be liable for incidental and consequential damages, indirectly or directly sustained, nor for any loss by application of these goods not in accordance with the printed instructions or for other than the intended use. Before using the user shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use and the user will assume all risks and liabilities that may arise in connection therewith. DYNA’s liability is expressly limited to the replacement of defective goods. Any claim shall be deemed waived unless the claim is made in writing to DYNA
This premium quality product was designed to satisfy the user. If you are not satisfied after surface testing on a small area, please contact our technical service department immediately. NO WARRANTIES expressed or implied are offered by DYNA. The manufacturer’s liability is limited to the replacement of products proven defective. The user assumes all risks and liabilities associated with the use of this product. Any claim shall be deemed waived unless the claim is made in writing to DYNA within 30 days from the date it was, or reasonably should have been, discovered that the product was defective. Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Available.