DYNA® PW-1 Penetrating Sealant is a ready-to-use, water-based silane / siloxane water repellent for concrete, natural and dimensional stone, masonry and stucco surfaces. PW-1 permits the surface being treated to breathe. It helps prevent masonry from cracking, spalling, staining and other damage related to water intrusion. It has low odor, is alkaline stable and is ready to use. Use on horizontal surfaces such as driveways, sidewalks, tile, brick, sandstone and pavers. Provides excellent protection for retaining walls, bridge pilings and other vertical areas exposed to de-icing salts.
FEATURES & ADVANTAGES
- Excellent for exterior and interior
- For residential and commercial installations
- Penetrates deeply for long-lasting protection on vertical or horizontal surfaces
- Treated surfaces “breathe” – moisture will dissipate
- Water-based formula minimizes explosion and fire hazards compared to solvent-based water repellents
- Low odor for safer application in occupied buildings
- Alkaline stable – suitable for new “green” concrete, 14–28 days old
- Ready-to-use. No on-site dilution required
- Chemically bonds with the substrate which produces a durable hydrophobic treatment
- Effective protection against de-icing salts and salt air
- Easy soap-and-water cleanup from window glass, window frames and equipment
STANDARDS AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
A. ASTM E
B. DYNA® PW-1 Penetrating Sealant is compliant with the following national, state and district AIM VOC regulations:
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- California Air Resources Board SCM Districts
- South Coast Air Quality Management District
- Maricopa County, AZ
- Northeast Ozone Transport Commission
- Install only at temperatures between 4°C and 35°C (40°F and 95°F)
- Will not keep water out of cracks, defects or open joints
- Not suitable for protecting surfaces subject to constant water spray such as car washes
- Not recommended for below-grade application
- Not suitable for application to resin paint surfaces, gypsum, glass or other non-masonry and non-porous surfaces
- Does not guard against hydrostatic pressure
- Concrete (green and fully cured)
- Masonry cement block, brick, segmented pavers, segmented retaining walls
- Properly prepared existing ceramic tile, cement terrazzo, quarry tile, natural stone and dimensional stone, and pavers
SECTIONS - 070000 / 071900 / 071923 / 096100
A. SURFACE PREPARATION
1. Protect people, vehicles, property, plants, windows and all surfaces not to be treated with this product, from splash, residue, fumes and wind drift. Protect and/or divert pedestrian foot and auto traffic.
2. All substrates should be structurally sound, stable, dry, clean and free of any substances that may reduce or prevent proper application of this product. Thoroughly clean the surface using the appropriate DYNA® brand of cleaner. Clean newly constructed and repointed surfaces before application. DYNA® PW-1 Penetrating Sealant won’t impair adhesion of most sealing and caulking compounds.
Always test for compatibility.
3. Though PW-1 may be applied to slightly damp surfaces, best performance is achieved on clean, visibly dry and absorbent surfaces. Excessive moisture inhibits penetration, reducing the service life and performance of the treatment.
No mixing requires. The product is ready for use.
Read the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) before use.
ALWAYS TEST a small area of each surface to confirm suitability, coverage rates and desired
results before starting overall application. Best results are achieved with a low-pressure (<50 psi) sprayer with a fan-type spray tip and adjustable pressure to avoid atomization of the material. For small scale application, or when spray application is not appropriate, brushes or roller may be used.
For best results, apply “wet-on-wet” to a visibly dry and absorbent surface.
VERTICAL SURFACES: SPRAYER
Spray from the bottom up, creating a 4–8 inch (15–20 cm) rundown below the spray contact point. Let the first application penetrate for 5–10 minutes. Re-saturate. Less will be consumed and greater coverage will be achieved in the second application.
VERTICAL SURFACES: BRUSH OR ROLLER
Recommended for small scale application or when spray application is not appropriate.
Saturate in a single application. Use enough to keep the surface wet for 5–10 minutes. Broom out puddles until they soak in.
Apply a single coat. Use enough to completely wet the surface without creating drips, puddles or rundown. Do not over apply. Apply a second coat.
1. For newly installed surfaces, wait at least 60 days before using this product.
2. Do not apply if surface is damp or dirty.
3. Do not apply if weather is uncertain.
4. Do not apply in extreme heat. (Mid-day sun).
Wash your tools immediately after application with water. Clean your hands and tools with soap water.
DYNA® PW-1 Penetrating Sealant is available in 3.78 L (1 US gallon), 18.9 L (5 US gallons).
Keep in storage at temperature between 10°C (50°F) and 22°C (72°F). The shelf life of this product is 5 years in its original unopened container.
Ground and Maritime freight : Not Regulated
Packing Group : III
Treated surfaces dry to touch in 1 hour or less. Protect surfaces from rainfall for 6 hours following treatment. Protect from foot and vehicle traffic until visibly dry. DYNA® PW1 Penetrating Sealant gains its water-repellency properties in 24 to 48 hours.
DYNA shall not be liable for incidental and consequential damages, indirectly or directly sustained, nor for any loss by application of these goods not in accordance with the printed instructions or for other than the intended use. Before using the user shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use and the user will assume all risks and liabilities that may arise in connection therewith. DYNA’s liability is expressly limited to the replacement of defective goods. Any claim shall be deemed waived unless the claim is made in writing to DYNA within 15 days
This premium quality product was designed to satisfy the user. If you are not satisfied after Surface Testing on a small area, please contact our technical service department immediately.
NO WARRANTIES expressed or implied are offered by DYNA. The Manufacturer’s liability is limited to the replacement of products proven defective.
The user assumes all risks and liabilities associated with the use of this product.
The coverage for DYNA® PW-1 Penetrating Sealant is as follows:
|Substrate||Metric sq. m.||U.S sq. ft.|
|Concrete Block||14 - 19||150 - 200|
|Concrete Pavers||14 - 28||150 - 300|
|Brick||5 - 16||50 - 175|
|Terra Cotta||5 - 16||50 - 175|
|Sandstone||5 - 12||50 - 125|
|Slate||14 - 38||150 - 400|