DYNA® CMA Concrete & Masonry Adhesive is a premium polyurethane concrete and masonry adhesive that is advanced, with non-sag properties, is low V.O.C. compliant and is formulated to meet most demanding concrete, masonry, landscape and hardscape projects. It offers unmatched strength and durability even when bonding two non-porous materials. It provides a fast and permanent bond. It can be used for interior or exterior projects. It can be used for residential, commercial or industrial projects.
FEATURES & ADVANTAGES
- Can be used on dry, damp, wet, frozen and treated surfaces
- Superior adhesion
- Easy to apply
- Fast curing - 24 hours or less
- No shrinkage
- Water, wind, frost, solar and solar thermal shock resistant
- Seismic shock resistant
- Cures in cold temperatures
- LEED® project friendly
- High-sag resistance
- Smooth bead
- Environmentally safe low V.O.C.
Exceeds APA APG-01, ASTM D 3498, ASTM C 557 and FHA Bulletin UM-60.
For interior and exterior uses (UV stable), it can be applied on colored porous concrete surfaces such as:
- Concrete surfaces
- Wet-cast and dry-cast pavers
- Natural and dimensional stone
- Concrete steps
- Concrete retaining walls & wall copings
- Pool copings
- Masonry, brick & block
- Masonry with natural or manufactured stone
- Masonry veneers
- Residential and commercial buildings
SECTIONS - 090000 / 040000
A. A. SURFACE PREPARATION
1. Use above 0 degrees °C (32 degrees °F).
2. Make sure you pre-fit all building assemblies prior to the application of the adhesive.
3. Wear protective gloves during application.
4. Ensure that the surfaces to which the adhesive is to be applied is clean and free of any contaminants that will prevent or reduce the adhesion of this product such as grease, oil, paint, dust, dirt, laitance, efflorescence, tar, salt, or paint.
5. Cut the nozzle at a 45 degree angle to the desired bead size and then puncture the inner seal.
1. Apply the adhesive to one of the surfaces that are to be bonded together.
2. Press the surface of the second object firmly against the object that had the adhesive applied onto it.
3. The two surfaces can be re-adjusted for about a 45 minute period after the objects have been pressed together.
4. If possible the use of mechanical support to hold the materials in place until the adhesive is fully cured is advisable.
1. Painted surfaces require preparation which may include sandblasting prior the application of CMA. Please contact DYNA for further information.
2. This product is NOT intended to be used in continual water immersion applications.
3. This product is NOT intended to adhere polystyrene, polyethylene, and polypropylene surfaces.
Clean your tools and any adhesive residue immediately with either mineral spirits or acetone. Once the adhesive has been cured it will require mechanical removal. If your hands have come into contact with the fresh adhesive, wash immediately with warm water and soap.
DYNA® CMA Concrete & Masonry Adhesive is available in a 296 ml (10.1 Fl. Oz.) cartridge and an 828 ml (28 Fl. Oz.) cartridge.
Store off the ground and protect from the weather. One year shelf life in factory sealed unopened containers. After completion of work any unused adhesive can be stored by tightly sealing the nozzle with aluminum foil.
Do not use near open sources of heat, sparks or flames. If working with this product indoors ensure there is adequate ventilation. Avoid breathing vapors. Do not swallow or take internally. Do not allow eye contact or prolonged skin contact. It is advisable to wear protective goggles especially when working in an overhead position. Contains petroleum distillates. If swallowed call a Poison Control Centre or a doctor immediately.
Do not induce vomiting. If breathed in move the person to fresh air. Please refer to the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for this product for additional safety information.
DYNA shall not be liable for incidental and consequential damages, indirectly or directly sustained, nor for any loss by application of these goods not in accordance with the printed instructions or for other than the intended use. Before using the user shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use and the user will assume all risks and liabilities that may arise in connection therewith. DYNA’s liability is expressly limited to the replacement of defective goods. Any claim shall be deemed waived unless the claim is made in writing to DYNA within 30 days
This premium quality product was designed to satisfy the user. If you are not satisfied after Surface Testing on a small area, please contact our technical service department immediately.
NO WARRANTIES expressed or implied are offered by DYNA. The Manufacturer’s liability is limited to the replacement of products proven defective.
The user assumes all risks and liabilities associated with the use of this product.